72ND ANNIVERSARY OF D-DAY LANDINGS
June 2, 2pm30 : Signing session by Col Keith M. Nightingale for his book “A Soldier Looks Back: Memories and Reflections of a Combat Veteran, from Normandy to Afghanistan”
- 2pm : Screening of the film “prisoner of the D-Day” (in french only).
- 2pm : Signing session by M.Belloc and M.Renaud for the official book of the museum “Objective Sainte-Mère-Eglise : US paratroopers of the D-Day”
June 4, 14h30 and 16h: Theatre play evoking the life of Simone Renaud (wife of Mayor in 1944) Bilingual piece, museum entrance rates, without booking.
June 6, 14h30 and 16h: Theatre play evoking the life of Simone Renaud (wife of Mayor in 1944) Bilingual piece, museum entrance rates, without booking.
June, 1 to June, 8: re-enactment of a camp “Geronimo” featuring the American airborne troops in Normandy.
Many workshops and activities on the camp: battery commissioning, field hospital demonstration tanks, vehicle parades, battle simulation.
- From Friday, 3rd June to Tuesday, 7th june at 10:30 am and 12:30pm (Chènevière place) : US Vehicles show
- Saturday, 4th June and Sunday, 5th June at 10:00am and 02:00 pm: Demonstration of a battery of three 105 mm guns
- Saturday, 4th June and Sunday, 5th June at 03:00pm (Chènevière place): Boarding demonstration of a paratrooper stick
- Sunday, 5th June from 06:00pm : parades of vehicules
- In continuous at the camp : Field Hospital, battle station, paratroopers and pathfinders Equipments, demonstration of tanks, presentation of a US reconnaissance plane, refueling area and vehicle maintenance